Holyrood Insight's Multi Agency Data Sharing Brief
- (Keynote) Senior Policy officer,ICO
- (Keynote) Simon Burall, Senior Associate, Involve
- (Chair) Ashley Lloyd, Senior Lecturer in Information Management, University of Edinburgh
- Laura Irvine, Partner, Davidson Chalmers LLP
- Alice Wilson, Data Protection Officer (DPO), DPO Shared Services
- Andrea McMurtrie, Information Manager, NHS National Services Scotland
- Peter Tolland, Chief Information Officer (CIO), North Lanarkshire Council
- Lynne Jarvis, Principal Information Analyst, ISD, NHS Services Scotland
- Magdalena Rozmyslowska, Senior Data Manager, VisitScotland
- Gavin Kenny, Associate Partner, IBM
will review the central role of information sharing in the transformation of public services. Hear from leading experts on data sharing strategies, building effective processes, and overcoming cultural barriers to improve outcomes.
Facilitating cross organisational data sharing of good governance is imperative. Following GDPR and the DPA, it is essential that public sector organisations handle, store, process and share personal information in line with existing laws and guidance. Outside of legal compliance, the dialogue around the quality and security of data also needs to be explored further.
You will learn how to navigate legal compliance in a post GDPR landscape by hearing from the ICO, and a range of legal expert speakers. You will explore collaborative models of information sharing undertaken by the NHS ISD Team and Local Authorities. The Children and Young People Mental Health Taskforce from the Scottish Government will also examine the need for quality and secure data.
Share best practice with fellow Chief Information Officers, Data Protection Officers, and Compliance Teams in the public sector. Hear from senior management teams who are seeking to improve collaborations and partnerships to drive service transformation, understand data sharing protocols and compliance.