- (Chair) Eileen Prior, Executive Director, Connect
- Joanna Murphy, Chair, The National Parent Forum of Scotland
- Tina Woolnough, Acting Comms Officer, Connect and Chair, Blackhall Nursery
- Lorraine Swan, Nursery Manager, Blackhall Nursery
- Rosie McColl, Senior Development Officer for Equity,South East Improvement Collaborative
- Louise McLean , CLD (Schools) Worker , Bellshill Academy
- Karen Arrol , PT Parental Engagement and Community Involvement (Acting) , Bellshill Academy
- Susan McKellar ,Parent Group Leader Facilitator , Parent Network Scotland
- Karin Tirevolls ,Session facilitator and Parent Link Volunteer , Parent Network Scotland
- Sam Pringle, Head of Research, Fathers Network Scotland
- Alison Cameron , Headteacher, Elphinstone Primary School
- David Reilly, Development Manager, Scottish Community Development Centre
The Government has highlighted the vital role parents play in their children’s learning through the launch of ‘Learning together: a national action plan on parental involvement, engagement, family learning and learning at home 2018 – 2021’.
The plan provides a national vision but it also allows for local and community innovation and flexibility. This conference brings together schools, early learning and childcare settings
to explore early progress in implementing the plan across the entire 3-18 framework.
Take home practical ideas of how to improve parental engagement with their child’s learning
, how to encourage family-wide learning in the home
and how to get parents involved in educational establishment decision-making processes
, with a special spotlight on participatory budgeting.
Put your questions to our parents’ panel
about how to best engage parents, including the harder-to-reach groups
and benefit from advice on how to effectively engage father’s in their child’s learning.
Take the opportunity to share ideas, benchmark your progress and learn from best practice in supporting collaborative relationships between parents and practitioners.