Expert speakers include:
- Dr. Sally Witcher OBE, CEO, Inclusion Scotland
- Alistair Kerr, Director and Chair, BASE Scotland
- Jamie Rutherford, Director of Employability, ENABLE Scotland
- Morven Brooks, CEO, Disability Equality Scotland
- Jamie Sinclair, Health and Work Support Pilot, Employability Division, Scottish Government
- Lorna Forrest, Head of Service Delivery and Improvement, SCVO
- Beth Weaver, Senior Lecturer - Department of Social Work and Social Policy, University of Strathclyde
- Lois Ratcliffe, Internship Programme Manager, Inclusion Scotland
- Pegs Bailey, Employability Development Manager, Fife Voluntary Action
- David Lidell OBE, CEO, Scottish Drugs Forum
- John Hinton, Executive Director, Move On
- Jayne Chapell, Finance and Development Manager, Social Enterprise Network Scotland
Holyrood Insight’s second Employability in Scotland Conference
will explore the impact of COVID-19 on the workforce with an estimated 750,000* employees registered on the jobs Retention Scheme.
Considering the achievements and opportunities of the Government’s flagship policy, Fair Start Scotland,
we will review how employers can respond to the health crisis
and what support is available at both a national and local level.
You will hear innovative strategies that are helping to recover Scotland’s economy including utilising working from home, developing productivity and creating new opportunities.
Gain insight from key stakeholders on the support projects designed to bridge the disability employment gap, reduce youth unemployment, reintegrate recovering individuals, and stimulate the social enterprise sector.
Unlock the potential of multi-agency partnerships, funding programmes and upskilling training to empower people back to work.
You will also explore the links between public health and employability, as the pathway for sustainable and inclusive jobs opportunities in the future.
This conference will bring together Government representatives, Local Authorities, support service providers, practitioners, Human Resources managers and social entrepreneurs.
Don’t miss the opportunity to network with pathfinders from breakthrough models and experts working to help build Scotland’s employability pipeline.