Expert speakers include:
- Dr. Sally Witcher OBE, CEO, Inclusion Scotland
- Alistair Kerr, Director and Chair, BASE Scotland
- Morven Brooks, CEO, Disability Equality Scotland
- Jamie Sinclair, Health and Work Support Pilot, Employability Division, Scottish Government
- Robert Woodward, Chair, DYW National Group
- Kate Still, Director for Scotland, The Prince’s Trust
- Moira Cuthbertson, Manager, Community Jobs Scotland SCVO
- Beth Weaver, Senior Lecturer - Department of Social Work and Social Policy, University of Strathclyde
- Pegs Bailey, Employability Development Manager, Fife Voluntary Action
- David Lidell OBE, CEO, Scottish Drugs Forum
- John Hinton, Executive Director, Move On
- Jayne Chapell, Finance and Development Manager, Social Firms Scotland
Holyrood Insight’s second Employability in Scotland Conference
will explore the achievements and opportunities of the Government’s flagship policy, Fair Star Scotland and its main objectives towards incorporating vulnerable groups into meaningful employment.
You will review innovative strategies that are transforming Scotland into a Fair Work Nation.
Gain insight from key stakeholders on the strategies that bridge the disability employment gap, reduce youth unemployment, reintegrate recovering individuals and stimulate the social enterprise sector.
Unlock the potential of multi-agency partnerships, funding programmes and upskilling training
to empower marginalised groups into the labour force. Create strong, fair and supported employment opportunities that are representative for all. You will also review the links between employability and public health from a co-production approach, as the pathway for a sustainable and inclusive economy in the future.
This conference will bring together Government representatives, Local Authorities, support service providers, practitioners, Human Resources managers and social entrepreneurs.
Don’t miss the opportunity to network with pathfinders from breakthrough models and experts working to improve Scotland’s employability pipeline.