- Chaired by: Dr. Poonam Malik, Head of Investments, University of Strathclyde , Board Member, Scottish Enterprise and Skills Development Scotland
- Christina McKelvie MSP, Minister for Equalities and Older People, Scottish Government
- Anna Ritchie Allan, Chief Executive, Close the Gap
- Elaine MacGlone, Equality and Diversity Manager, The Law Society of Scotland
- Julie Ashworth, CEO, BroadReach Scotland Lead, Women on Boards Vice Chair, IoD ScotlandChair, University of Aberdeen
- Adeife Onwuzulike, Global DEI Director, Euromonitor International
- Lynne Cadenhead, Chair, Women's Enterprise Scotland, and Mint Ventures
- Rhona Campbell, Board Member, Investing Women
- Hazel Little, Deputy CEO, Women Returners
- Lynn Maguire, Director Global Head Trade & Transaction Regulatory, BlackRock
- Liz Barron-Majerik, Director, Lantra
Take steps in your workplace to improve women’s employment opportunities, tackle gender bias
and reduce a widening pay gap
that costs the Scottish economy £17 billion a year*.
At our Gender Equality in the Workplace – Scotland
digital conference you will hear from the Government, Scottish business leaders and public sector organisations who are paving the way towards more equal workplaces.
Covid-19 has disproportionately affected women in the economy, with the potential to exacerbate gender inequality in Scotland and damage women’s employment opportunities and wellbeing in the longer-term.
Hear from Christina McKelvie MSP, The Minister for Equalities and Older People
who will share next steps and the Government's plan to ensure
a gender balanced
Find out how others have used evidence-based approaches to reduce the pay gap
and removed obstacles to employment
and career progression
Business leaders will share how they implemented gender-friendly recruitment policies and flexible working arrangements.
They will share strategies that enable equal representation
from junior positions to the board room. Explore pathways to unlock the potential ofmentoring
and role modelling
and build talent across your organisation.
Through a series of interactive sessions, learn actionable strategies to support women in different stages os their life and from different backgrounds, including women from ethnic minorities,
women during their menopause
and those returning from career breaks.
Discover solutions to attract women in underrepresented sectors.
The conference will be delivered via an interactive, online platform. Network with colleagues online and view the content on demand for 14 days after the event.
**Close the Gap, Published March 2021